Monday, November 17, 2008

Winners take all

Barack Obama made history, he was elected as first black president and the 44th president of the United States.

For the first time he won over Hillary, I keept track on him. I listened to his concession speech. Sometimes his decision made a little ‘wow’ inside me.
Although some of them absolutely not my preference, for sure.

He made me wondering when he choose Joe Biden for his running mate while Hillary already said she will stood beside him.
Quick count..if he chooses her, he definitely will get her voters too, right? But Joe Biden..?

I searched Joe Biden over the internet and surprised about who is he. Senator Joseph R Biden Jr. has broad knowledge, his committee chairmanship and his longtime membership in the most exclusive debating club in the nation..He what Obama needs to complete him!
Not to mention he just at age 29 while first elected to the US Senate from Delaware. He has experienced personal tragedy (I cried while red his story) and a near-fatal illness. But he has faith in God. These tragedies made him stronger, and became a better man. That’s what I red.

And when the time comes..
Obama win!
I (again) hear his detail winning speech, but what turns me to chill is what Jhon McCain said while giving concessions speech to supporters in Phoenix.
He is the man!
He opened his speech by saying “My friends, we have come to the end of a long journey”
He congratulate Obama by saying “Senator Obama has achieved a great thing for himself and for his country. I applaud him for it and offer in my sincere sympathy that his beloved grandmother did not live to see this day”
For his supporter, he said “It’s natural tonight to feel some disappointment, but tomorrow we must move beyond it and work together to get our country moving again. And thought we fell short, the failure is mine, not yours”

What a man!
His gratitude, his quality is what my nation need!

Winners take all.
And Mr. McCain willing to give what ever it takes to the winner! No hurt feeling (at least in front of his supporters), no tricky speech, a gentleman aura.

You all show me the truly meaning of WIN and LOOSE.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

sayang... dia dukung aborsi... :(